This facility has been started by the Matrix group as an first innovation in the service of the shrimp farmers at Amalapuram, East Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. Mobile No. 07842662199. Presently, proposals are in progress to launch similar services in the districts of 1.West Godavari 2. Prakasam 3.Nellore in Andhra Pradesh and 4. In Tamil Nadu
- Mobile Lab Facility: For accurate and on-the-spot estimation of important water quality parameters in the culture Ponds.
- For better growth and quality produce through feed management
- Farmer Friendly as the services are made available at the farm gate
- To advice the farmers for taking steps to reduce mortality.
- As the service is at the farm gateto save time and guiding in controlling diseases.
- Advise and expert technical support to Farmers.
In the field of aquaculture especially after intensification of culture with P. vannamei, which utilizes minerals in a lumps of quantity for its molting and shell formation, assessment of water quality at regular intervals on the site has become very much necessary to assess the status of minerals in the ponds accurately which might not always possible, as the most of the labs were situated away from the farming area. It is very much essential to have fresh report with fresh sample without any delay after collection of samples, as carrying of samples from pond to nearby lab may take more than 2 hours time which might not be good for accuracy. To avoid this, Matrix has introduced the Mobile labs in Aquaculture with a slogan that “fresh sample fresh report at farm gate” and is running successfully in East Godavari, West Godavari, and Ongole and Nellore districts. The company is on the way to launch two more mobile labs for Guntur and Krishna districts very soon.